Accessibility Statement for the Old Nursery at Bourton Manor
The Old Nursery is a self contained apartment within Bourton Manor and located on the first floor of the building. The accommodation is unsuitable for wheelchair users and those with mobility restrictions due to the approach being via 2 sets of steps & due to the age of the property the floors within the apartment are not level.
Perhaps those wishing to stay in the area requiring accommodation more suited to their disabilities might wish to contact the Much Wenlock Visitor Information Centre on 01952 727679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are not really covered by public transport but there are local taxi’s:
- Wenlock Taxi: 01952 882666
- Bridgnorth Taxi: 01746 765000
- The nearest train station is Telford: 12.5 miles / 30 mins
- The nearest town is Much Wenlock: 2.5 miles
- We can receive grocery deliveries on behalf of our guests on the condition that we are not held responsible for any problems with the order. For shopmobility:
- Shopmobility Telford: 01952 238005
- Shopmobility Shrewsbury: 01743 236900
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- There is allocated parking for 2 cars in our private gravelled parking area to the rear of Bourton Manor
- Access to the Old Nursery Apartment is via a low rise flight of steps ( 8 approx. 1.3m wide) from the parking area through a garden gate into the cobbled courtyard. There is a metal staircase (16 steps approx. 94cm. wide) from the courtyard to the Old Nursery Apartment
- The route is well lit by a series of PIR sensory lights
- All guests will be met and assisted with luggage on arrival if required
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- Guests are met on arrival and shown to the apartment
- The exterior access is as previously described. The front door opens out and leads into the entrance hall, which is naturally lit
- There is a flight of 7 stairs from the entrance hall up to the main level with a right hand hand-rail. Please note that the floor is uneven due to the medieval origins of this part of the house
- The hallways is approx. 1 m wide and lit by 3 pendant light fittings. Fitted carpet to floor
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The hallway is as previously described
- The flat benefits from a professionally installed and maintained fire system with sensors in all main rooms. There is a fire bell located in the hall as well as a break glass unit
Public Areas - Sitting Room, Lounges, Lobbies, Bedrooms etc
- There is a neutral colour scheme throughout the apartment
- We do not allow smoking or pets
- The kitchen and two bathrooms have vinyl flooring; the rest of the apartment has fitted carpet
- There are no mobility provisions within the apartment
- The kitchen has an electric cooker with ovens below. The microwave is located at worktop height. The sink has lever taps. There is an electric kettle and toaster on the worktop. The kitchen is well lit with ceiling spots and under unit lighting. The fridge/freezer is at floor level. All light/extractor fan switches and power points are at normal kitchen levels
- The kitchen floor is uneven
- The sitting room is located off the kitchen, down 1 step. there is an additional step up to one raised window area
- The wall mounted 32″ LCD TV offers subtitles
- There is a central ceiling light as well as centrally switched table lamps, both have dimmers
- Master bedroom has 5′ bed with duvet and extra blanket
- Hair-dryer provided
- Master bedroom en-suite has large well lit vanity unit with lever tap. Independent thermostatically controlled water heating for both basin and shower. Large (1m wide) shower, separate WC with door within the bathroom. Shaver point
- The second bedroom has twin beds with clear central floor area. Extra duvets and blankets
- The bathroom is located directly across the hallway from the second bedroom. The bath has mixer/shower tap. Pedestal basin with mirror/lighting over, separate hot and cold taps. Ceiling spots. Shaver point. Free standing shelf unit
- A washer/ dryer is located in cupboard off the main hallway
Grounds and Gardens
- Guests have use of a communal garden area where garden furniture will be provided in summer months. The garden is approached over the gravel parking area via an uneven gentle slope
- There is an information pack for guests in the apartment
- Local medical contact numbers and information are included in the pack
- Information on Local Attractions, Restaurants, Gardens and Historic Sites is available as well as local maps and walking guides
- The apartment is a no smoking property throughout. No naked flames or candles are allowed
- No pets
- The website has been constucted in such a way as to make it easy for users with screen readers to access information and navigate between pages
- Clear laminated instructions for all appliances
Access Statement for The Gun Room Bourton Manor
The Gun Room at Bourton Manor is a private wing of the Grade 2 Norman Shaw Manor House, once the home of Lord Wenlock. Set on the edge of the pretty village of Bourton 2 1/2 miles from the historic market town of Much Wenlock, home of the modern Olympic Games. The property is approached over a gravel driveway to a level parking area from which there is access to The Gun Room via 8 steps through a garden door (87cm / 34″ wide) into a cobbled courtyard. The Gun Room is located within this courtyard and offers one bedroom accommodation for 2 people. There is a half step from the courtyard into the ground floor sitting/dining room. 8 wooden steps lead up from the sitting room to the kitchen then there are 8 more carpeted stairs from the kitchen to the landing, bedroom & bathroom.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 44 1746 785377 or email email@example.com.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is TF13 6QE to get directions. The nearest railway station isTelford Central which is 7.2 miles away. Taxis are available at the station. The driveway at Bourton Manor is gravel & uneven in places. There is not pavement immediately outside the driveway. There is a footpath to the village from the driveway but this is uneven in places and down hill. The garden is accessed from the level gravelled parking area down a short grass bank, the garden itself is level lawn. There are tables, chairs, umbrella and a wooden bench for guests in the garden.
- Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys deliver in this area please check their websites for full information. Also www.vandoesburgs.com if you want something “extra”. We also offer in house catering, please see our website for full details.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Please collect keys from owners who live in the main manor house. Keep left up the drive to front door, keys can be brought out to your car if required. Parking for 1 or 2 cars in parking area which you will be shown on arrival. We are always here to welcome guests and will ensure that they are familarised with the property. Access from the parking area is detailed above (& below) and there is also automatic lighting to illuminate the steps and courtyard to the front door of The Gun Room.
Entrance to Property
- There are 8 steps leading from the car park to the courtyard accessed through a garden door (87cm / 34″ wide) to a cobbled courtyard. We are unable to offer level access. The doorway into The Gun Room is 34″ / 87cm wide with one half step into the sitting / dining room of the property (description below).
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- 8 old oak stairs lead from the ground floor sitting room to a landing area (34″ / 87cm wide) well lit by ceiling spot lights. Slight uneveness to floor. RH hand rail up stairs.
- Direct access from courtyard through door (34″ / 85cm wide) over a half step into sitting / dining room. Dining table & chairs all standard height as well as the sofa & chair. Wall lights & table lamps light the room. Flat screen TV equipped with sub-titles. Quarry tiled floor with persian carpets.
- See above.
- From sitting room, up stairs to landing as described above then through left hand door 75cm / 30″ wide to kitchen. Tiled floor. Standard height worktops. Highest shelf in wall cupboards 190 cm / 76″, lowest drawer in fridge 25cm / 10″. Standard height wall cupboards containing plates, glasses etc. Ceiling spotlights & under cupboard lighting. Gas hob, Electric undercounter oven (drop down door), washer/dryer, dishwasher & wall mounted microwave provided.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Carpeted stairs lead from the kitchen to the landing. Door to bedroom. King size four poster bed (height 65cm / 26″) wall lights & bedside lights. Light coloured carpet pale blue walls off white paintwork. Large Victorian triple wardrobe and dressing table both with lower drawers. Non allergenic bedding provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Bathroom off landing. Bath with both hand set (standard taps) & fixed shower (automatic on/off button outside shower). Vanity unit with lever tap. Spot lights and over mirror lighting. Heated towel rail. Dark floor (vinyl)pale blue walls & off white door. All fittings at standard heights.
- The guests garden is located off the parking area accessed via a sloping piece of lawn - to main flat lawn area with table, chairs & umbrella as well as another wooden bench & table.
- Unfortunately it is not possible for us to accommodate dogs or any other animal.
- Local Doctor Much Wenlock Medical Practice, King Street, Much Wenlock. 2 1/2 miles Tel: 0844 477 8628
- Nearest Hospital, The Princess Royal, Telford, TF1 6TF. 01952 641222 (mini-com ext. 4955)
- Wi Fi provided FOC
- Mobile phone signal can vary depending on network, Orange is the best.
- Please see www.shropshiretourism.co.uk and www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk for details of all local attractions inc. their access statements.
- Our website is always under review.
Address: Bourton Manor
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1746 785377
Grid reference: 595 963
Hours of operation: All year
Local public transport numbers: Contact Arriva 0871 200 2233
Local Carers: Lady Forrester Community Nursing Home, Much Wenlock. 01952 727203 / The Wheatland Nursing Home, Much Wenlock. 01952 728497
Local accessible taxi numbers: ATR Taxis 01746 769000 / Bridgnorth Taxis 01746 765000 / Central Taxis 01952 501050 / Broseley Taxis 01952 882666
- We are always looking to improve the property but are restricted by it being a Grade 2 building.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01746785377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org